Wednesday 17 April 2013

New Lipsticks and Reviews

So I accidentally purchased three more lipsticks. Being a student, I'm generally trying to buy things on a budget, but every so often I go crazy and buy something (usually makeup) that I don't actually need. Luckily for me, 2 of the lipsticks my lovely Mum brought back from her trip across the border to the States, making the lipsticks about $3.00 cheaper, plus they were on sale for buy one get one 50% off. Overall, the two lipsticks were still cheaper than one over here in Canada. The other lipstick I purchased was a total splurge, and although I may not need it, I definitely love it!

The first lipsticks were from the Maybelline Vivid's Collection. I picked "870 Shocking Coral" and "895 On Fire Red".
870- Shocking Coral

870- Shocking Coral
 Shocking Coral is definitely a very bright, vivid colour. The whole lipstick line lives up to its name, as every colour really is incredibly bright. I would say Shocking Coral is slightly more pink than coral, I don't think it's orange enough, however the colour is very pretty.
895- On Fire Red













On Fire Red is a very bright, classic red. Most red colours I go for usually have a blue undertone, but this is definitely more orange. It's good because I don't have anything like it, but I find that it makes my teeth look so yellow in comparison to a lipstick with blue undertones.
Patisserie

Patisserie


Up next is Mac's Patisserie. This is only my second Mac lipstick, and although the colour is so pretty I find that the consistency of Mac's lipsticks to be a bit annoying. (The other shade I own is Hue, by the way). I find that you need to layer the lipstick to get the right amount of colour, but when you layer them it seems to break up on your lips? I'm not sure if I'm the only one who experiences this problem, but for the price of a Mac lipstick I always find it disappointing. The colour is wonderful, however, Patisserie is a "your-lips-but-better" type of colour that is perfect to wear with anything.  This lipstick is a "Lustre" finish, so it does have a bit of sparkle which seems daunting, however on the lips it is barely noticeable.
(L-R) Shocking Coral, On Fire Red, Patisserie

(T-B) Shocking Coral, On Fire Red, Patisserie

No comments:

Post a Comment