Tuesday 26 March 2013

The debut of... My own face...

Hey everyone, so I figured it was about time to actually do makeup on myself and create a better step-by-step process for viewers to follow. Here it is! 


 1) Firstly I prepared my skin with Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for Combination-Oily skin. I also like to apply a lip balm at this point so that by the time I get to my lips they will be moisturized and smooth.



2) For my skin I applied some of Benefit's Porefessional, a primer that minimizes the look of pores. I used Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum foundation in the shade 52 and applied with my fingers. Following the foundation, I applied the Bourjous Healthy Mix concealer under my eyes in shade 52, blending it in with a Real Techniques Essential Foundation brush.
 3) For my eyes I used the Smashbox Softbox eye palette. I'm not sure of the exact name of the palette, but I've inserted a picture further below so you can take a look at the colours used. To begin I used a fluffy brush to apply the shade "vanilla" all over my entire eyelid, from the lash line all the way to my eyebrow. I then applied the colour "Nectar" just onto my lid, blending slightly into the crease. Then I took some "Lucky Penny", a lovely bronze colour onto my eyelid and blended softly so that the eye didn't look too orange. With a dense, stumpy eyeshadow brush I applied "Sienna" to my lash line and underneath my eye as well. I blended a very small amount into my crease, but because it is dark and shimmery I had to use a very small amount and be quite careful. I then blended the matte colour "Nude" into my crease to make everything look more blended and subtle. After touching up the "Sienna" on my lash line, I applied Stila's "Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner" in the shade "black". I only applied it to my top lash line.
 Following the eyeliner I applied Clinique's "High Lengths" mascara in the shade "Black".

4) I then used a fan brush to brush away any excess pigment that had fallen down onto my face, to avoid rubbing it into my skin. I filled in my brows with Benefit's "BrowZings" in the colour "Light". Following this I used Essence's "Clear Brow Gel" to set my eyebrows so they don't move around too much and keep their shape. On my cheeks I used a new favourite of mine, Tarte's "Amazonian Clay Blush" in the colour "Exposed".

5) For my lips I applied Benefit's lipstick in "Skinny Dip" and then a very small amount of Rimmels "Vinyl Gloss" in the bright pink shade "190- Pin Up".
 Here is the Smashbox palette I used, I use this palette very often as it has great wearable daily colours that aren't too extreme. I received this palette at a Smashbox school I went to in 2012. I think all of the colours are fantastic, with the exception of "Flirt", a shimmery taupe colour. I don't like this shade because the eyeshadow is very glittery and tends to end up all over my cheeks. The liner gels are pretty, but I rarely use them because I prefer to use a matte brown or black liner. The brush included is also very good, overall the palette is great for travelling and everyday looks.


 Here is a quick snapshot of all the products I used (minus the Rimmel gloss because I forgot it, as well as my moisturizer and lipbalm).
Finally here is the finished look, excuse the hair which was half-damp and the weird look on my face, I was trying to get good lighting and this was the best picture I got!

I hope you liked the step-by-step tutorial, I'll be sure to feature more in depth makeovers like this in the future. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment