Monday 25 March 2013

New Products and Review

I got a bit carried away this week as I had some extra time to leave campus and visit the local drugstore. I visited Shopper's Drug Mart and Walmart, and here is what I purchased:

Lip Products:
All 3 products I'm going to review today were lip products. I also bought a L'Oreal BB Cream which I will review later in greater detail. 
Firstly I bought the Maybelline Colour Whisper in "30- Pin Up Peach". I thought the colour was pretty, but the Shopper's Drug Mart I was in didn't have a tester, so I think I got lucky with this colour. Unfortunatley I couldn't get any good lighting for this picture, but further below is a swatch comparison of the 3 lip products so you can compare them in the same light.
Maybelline Colour Whisper in Pin Up Peach


Secondly, I bought another Maybelline Colour Whisper in "35- Coral Ambition".
I have never owned a coral coloured lip product before, and I thought as spring was rolling around it was about time I tried one. From the lovely consistency of the Colour Whisper line Maybelline has come out with, I thought it would be a good way to try a new colour without being too ambitious. The colour payoff of both of the Colour Whispers are very nice and quite sheer, however they are very buildable. The product is very moisturizing and comfortable to wear, just enough colour that it shows but not pigmented enough to get all over your teeth, which is a huge bonus for me.
Maybelline Colour Whisper in Coral Ambition
The last lip product I bought was a total impulse buy. I had no intention of purchasing anything when I visited the local Walmart, but I was with a friend and I got carried away. I had recently read reviews of the Maybelline "Vivids" collection, but the neon pinks and oranges aren't exactly my everyday style (not that I won't be experimenting with a few later on...) so instead of purchasing a neon colour, I decided to go for a far more muted and wearable "160- Fifth Ave. Fuschia". This colour is from Maybelline's regular lipstick "ColourSensational" line. I don't know what forced me into this purchase, other than the fact I am always impressed with Maybelline's lip colours, especially their lipsticks. I own several other lipsticks from Maybelline, so I was enticed into buying a colour I may never wear publicly but I find very pretty.
Maybelline's ColourSensational in Fifth Ave. Fuschia
I think I've discovered that the Maybelline Colour Whisper line is definitely a hit, the colours are all very nice and I think they have great pigmentation for a balm-like formula. I have heard the deeper colours have even more pigmentation, so I will definitely be trying more in the future. As for the regular Maybelline lipsticks, I think they have great creamy consistencies and very nice lasting power, despite sometimes being a bit thick. Here are swatches of all three colours in the same light for comparison:
Colours from top to bottom: Coral Ambition, Pin Up Peach, and Fifth Ave. Fuschia

No comments:

Post a Comment