Tuesday 14 February 2017

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray


Today's post is all about the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray- now with new packaging! Before reviewing this product, I should mention why I purchased it in the first place. Firstly, I have very dry and irritated skin, but I like using heavy and full-coverage products. Powder makes my face look cakey, and I wanted an alternative. I tried the old version of this product in a miniature size and loved it, but used it up quite quickly during the summer months when I worked quite a bit outside. It helped my makeup to stay on and look fresh all day. Last October I purchased a makeup setting spray from NYX, and figured they were one in the same. I was very wrong. The NYX was cheaper, with a harsher spray and it was much less effective. So seeing that I'm in a wedding this summer and I'm doing makeup for my beautiful best friend and bride, Jess, I thought it'd be worth the repurchase.

 

Firstly, the new packaging is stunning! I love the sleek design, new colours and fonts. Not much of a change with the spray nozzle (which is good) and I do believe the formula may be the same as the original, a partnership with skincare experts, Skindinavia. Urban Decay write that the product is designed to keep makeup looking vibrant and fresh for 16 hours, and I wholeheartedly agree. For example, Tuesday's are a very long day for me, usually averaging makeup wear from 7:30am until 11pm. This product helps my foundation to stop breaking apart, and to keep my blush, bronzer and highlight stay vibrant for most of the day when it would typically fade.



The spray itself is fine and comfortable, it doesn't make your skin feel tight or dry. The product also has a patented Temperature Control feature, cooling the temperature of your makeup to help it last during hot and humid weather, but also colder, drier climates. I can't claim how the new packaging lives up to the heat, but the old certainly did, and using this product in the cold Canadian winter has really helped my makeup last all day long!

I hope you enjoyed this review,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment