Saturday 25 February 2017

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer

Hey guys,

I recently ordered the Tarte Shape Tape concealer from tarte.com, since they had a free shipping offer for Canadians, and otherwise the concealer is exclusive to Ulta and quite difficult for Canadians to find without crossing the border.

 

The shipping was fast, everything came packaged really nicely and everything was in good shape. Since it was the only thing I ordered I was surprised at how much effort was put into the packaging, with Tarte tissue paper and the little postcard pictured above.

 

I purchased the concealer in the lightest shade available and it's a good match for my skin. It's a very neutral tone, although I do wish it was slightly more cool. The doefoot applicator is huge, I hope the picture does it justice. It's a bit insane, but works wonderfully for the undereye area which is pretty much what I'm exclusively using this concealer for. It's incredibly pigmented and covers everything, and blends out well with brushes, sponges or your fingers.



I just applied a quick swipe on my hand and you can see how flawless and high-coverage it is. I do find that the lasting power is wonderful, however I will say that it can look a bit dry if your undereyes are drier. If I use a rich eyecream and make sure my skin is hydrated it's okay, but I thought I'd include that detail. It's not too bad for creasing, but again, if your eyes are dry it may accentuate any lines or texture. I think this concealer is an excellent option for anyone who loves high coverage and intense, flawless skin... it may not be for everyone on an everyday basis. I usually love concealers from less expensive brands like Maybelline, but for a higher-end purchase I will say its worth it. A little goes and very long way, and it could very easily double as a foundation if the shade is right.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment