Tuesday 7 February 2017

Sephora 2017 Birthday Reward

Hey everyone,

Today I'm sharing an annual post- Sephora's Birthday Reward! It's a traditional birthday post, and this February marks my 23rd year! This year it's a gift from Tarte, a brand I've loved for a long time now. I've been a Beauty Insider, VIB and VIB Rouge member over the last 7 years and I've seen birthday gifts from Benefit, MakeUpForEver, NARS, Marc Jacobs and now Tarte. Sephora really does a good job with birthday rewards and I'm happy to show off what this year has to offer! 

 
The set includes a Creamy Matte Lip Paint in "Birthday Suit", and an Amazonian Clay Blush in "Paaarty"
 Both are very wearable, neutral shades, deep enough for many skin tones but perhaps a little bit light on the deepest skin. Despite both products being deluxe sized samples, the texture and formula is outstanding. I've loved the Tarte blushes for years, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the lip paint. 
 
The blush is very pigmented, but blendable and long wearing, exactly what I've come to expect from Tarte blushes. (I now own 4!) The liquid lipstick was comfortable to wear, a tiny bit drying but long lasting and it didn't flake or settle into lines like a lot of other lip paint type products. 

Overall I was impressed with what Sephora had to offer this year. The gifts seem to get more generous each year, and having a selection between a makeup gift and a skincare one (Caudalie this year) provides nice options for customers. I can't wait to see what 2018 brings!! 

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment