Friday 3 February 2017

Dior Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm

Hey everyone!

Today I'm talking about a beauty purchase that was inspired by my Mum, I watched her buy the original Dior lip glow when we were on vacation in Chicago and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, constantly going through her back to find it and wear it. It's a balm texture which is very hydrating, but has a formula that provides a unique shade for each wearer, something to do with body temperature or PH level or something sciency. Anyway, the original pink shade always turned into a muted fuchsia on me and remained a pretty pink on my Mum, so when Dior released the new Berry shade I also had to pick up the Lilac as well!
 

The packaging is very classic Dior, with the same Dior Addict fonts and silver lipstick bullet. All shades have the same pink clear plastic case, but they each have a sticker at the top showing the shade name.


I was concerned the shades I had chosen would be too similar, but there is quite a difference between Lilac and Berry. Lilac is much paler and more similar to the original pink shade, whereas the Berry is quite a bit deeper and makes more of a statement while still being a wearable, glossy balm.



The swatches on my arm show immediate payoff, without the colour adjusting, so you can see what the base colour looks like. On me the lilac gets a bit deeper and brighter, and the berry becomes a bit deeper as well. Apparently my million degree body temperature insists that all of the Dior balms turn into a darker shade, whereas on normal temperature people the changes are more subtle.



Overall, I do think these are a first in the whole mood-ring like colour changing technology, it was the first product I knew that self-adjusted for a unique colour, followed by other brands like Smashbox, and now drugstore brands. Because the technology isn't new any longer, I'm not sure if a product like the Dior lipglow is for everyone, and at $40+ CDN I think it makes a very pretty, but very expensive lip balm. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase, but will I use them up? Most definitely. The formula is lovely and hydrating, it's great for no-makeup days and easy to apply on the go, and the makeup hoarder in me has totally justified having two shades.

Let me know your thoughts on luxury balms, I'd love to hear from you!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment