Tuesday 26 January 2016

Too Faced Love Flush Blush Palette

Hey everyone,

Today's review is on the recently sold-out limited-edition blush palette from Too Faced. I saw this first in Sephora after Boxing Day and didn't pick it up. It was only later that night when I was regretting it that I decided I would order it online. I'm so glad I did! I hope you enjoy this review.


First of all- the packaging! I mean c'mon. It's so cute and colourful, not something I typically go for but I still felt like squealing when I opened the package.


I loved that on the back of the box was a guide to the shades included- a perfect variety of their new Love Flush long-lasting 16 hour blushes.


Every shade from their line is included, just a smaller size. Personally, I think this is great for any makeup lover because nobody ever finishes a blush unless it's an everyday fave, plus powders last forever as long as you take good care of them. This is a palette I'm sure I will use for a very long time.


The packaging is a very thin cardboard palette (similar but much thinner to Urban Decay's original Naked Palette.) It has a magnetic closure and although it's quite long, the thin packaging is great if you're a traveller who likes to have some variety.


Love Hangover is a warm pink- it hasn't been captured too well here. It's a standard pink shade, not too pale or too dark, and doesn't pull too peach toned. It's a warm pink- but it's not quite a peach.


Baby Love is a dusty-rose nude, similar to Tarte's "Exposed", but with a slight golden shimmer (very subtle). I think this shade is the most wearable of them all, but that could be because it's my favourite type of blush shade.


I Will Always Love You is a shimmery golden peach shade. This shade will look fantastic on olive skintones and darker- and I'm sure many pale girls could pull it off, but I haven't found a way to make this work perfectly on me quite yet. It's very pigmented (as are all of the shades) but I'm not used to wearing warm peach blushes. I have a feeling I'll have better luck in the summer months!


How Deep Is Your Love? is a slightly deeper rose shade, with a brighter finish than Love Hangover. It would be best described as a watermelon pink, and a perfect spring/summer shade. The pigmentation on this one is incredible- a little bit goes a long way!


Justify My Love is a very bright cool-toned pink, with a slight purple tone to it. It has a very fine shimmer to it, but it's barely noticeable. This shade is most similar to the scarily neon shades such as Dior's Rosy Glow blush. While looking quite scary in the pan, it looks like a very healthy "I've been for a brisk walk outside" on the cheeks. Perfect during the winter months!


And finally, surprisingly my favourite shade in the palette is Your Love Is King. This deep, warm raspberry shade is one that I'm considering purchasing the full-size of. It's very pigmented, so important to tap off any excess on your brush before applying. It is a perfect Autumn/Winter shade, but I think I'll be wearing it year-round. 


A quick swatch picture before my cat, Fudge, interrupted. 


And a much better swatch picture!
From L-R: Love Hangover, Baby Love, I Will Always Love You, How Deep Is Your Love?, Justify My Love, and Your Love Is King.

I hope you all enjoyed this post- I really love this product! If the palette never restocks (surely for Valentine's Day though?!?) the individual shades are available from Sephora for $32.00 CDN.

Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment