Monday 27 July 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette

Hey everyone,

Today's review is a very special one. I finally got my hands on the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette, the fourth addition to the Naked eyeshadows. I own every one, of course, and the quality and pigmentation of these eyeshadows is no different than the rest. All buttery, shimmery, yummy goodness. I had a bad start when I ordered online and accidentally sent the package to my rental 2 hours away, luckily the BF was there and was able to bring it home for me a few (very long) days later. No harm done, apart from my major disappointment. But here's a review on a product that certainly doesn't disappoint! 


Heres the collection of all four Naked Palettes. Something about stacking them all up brings me great satisfaction.


From top to bottom is Naked Smoky, Naked 3, Naked 2 and the original Naked palette. You can see there are some similarities throughout, but I find enough of a difference to justify using them all and I think they each offer something new or different.


The packaging is different for a Naked palette, this new Naked Smoky comes in a plastic container rather than tin like the two previous, or a felted cardboard like the original. Similar to the original, however, is the magnetic opening which is really nice. The palette has a massive mirror in the lid which takes up the entire thing, I really like this because it becomes useful and means if I take this travelling I can use the mirror for all of my makeup, not just the eyeshadow.


The first four shades are: High, Dirtysweet, Radar and Armour.


All four of these shades are very shimmery. 
High is a muted pink champagne shade which would be a beautiful highlight shade.
Dirtysweet is a warm gold shimmer with a high-shine finish.
Radar is an antiqued gold/light bronze shade perfect for all over the lid.
Armour is a green/grey khaki shimmer with some gold flecks running through it.


Up next are four more shimmer shades, these more metallic and less glittery than before.
Slanted, Dagger, Black Market and Smoulder.


Slanted is the most glittery of these shades. It's a sparkly grey/silver.
Dagger is a deep grey/almost black shade but has a midnight blue tone to it.
Black Market is a satin black shade, not shimmery, but not entirely matte either.
Smoulder is a darkened purple satin shade that can be used lightly to show more purple, or packed on to become much darker.


Next are four matte shades in Password, Whiskey, Combust and Thirteen. 


Password is the perfect cool-toned blending colour for the crease. An awesome transition shade.
Whiskey is a warmer transition shade but is also really nice for a matte smoky eye.
Combust is a pretty neutral peach shade, I think this almost matches my skintone so i'm not sure how I'll use it, but its very pigmented and smooth for a matte shadow.
Thirteen is an ivory matte shadow, making a lovely brow highlight and great finish to this palette. 


The palette also comes with a double ended brush, this end is more of a stubby pencil brush, perfect for inner corner highlighting or under the eye blending.


The other end is a longer blending brush which is really nice for transitioning colours from the lid to the brow bone. 

Overall I am really excited about this palette. At first I was unsure and concerned about the similarities, but now I can confirm that there are a lot of things you can do with this palette, and it's very quickly become a favourite of mine. There are plenty of everyday options, and some really lovely deeper shades for the perfect smoky eye!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment