Monday 13 July 2015

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shade Moonstone. I opted for the liquid version over the powder because I wanted the option to mix it with my foundation and I already have a few powder highlights that I'm loving at the moment (more on that later). Here's my first impressions on the cult favourite product! Enjoy! 

My immediate impression was that I loved how the shimmer isn't glittery or chunky- instead it's a really pretty pale gold glow. My second impression was "wow this is super expensive". I purchased the full size and it cost $50.00 CDN which I think is a lot, but there is 50ml, 20 more than the standard foundation size, and you really only need a pump or less for good results. 
When it's described as sheer, I think it means in texture rather than pigment. I found the product to provide a really lovely golden glow without adding colour but adding some wonderful highlight to products you already have and love. I've tried it mixed with foundation and I loved the results, but for a more intense glow I think it applies wonderfully on its own. 
The packaging is really nice, which is expected for a product so expensive. It has a pump dispenser which is great, and the bottle itself is a nice, weighty design with a standard Becca lid. 
I tried to swatch this product on a few different occasions but I've come to the conclusion that I can't do it justice using my phone camera. It's a very beautiful soft, pale gold which adds warmth without any bronziness, and even works well on my pale skin. 

Overall, I think that if you like a glow you will like this product. Although it's expensive, I think it could be used in a multitude of ways and for the amount yo get its a pretty decent price. 

I hope you enjoyed this review. 

Thanks for reading. 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment