Sunday 28 June 2015

NARS "Supervixen" Lipgloss Review

Hey everyone,

Man, it's a bummer when I try something and it doesn't really work out. Mani Monday is one of those things. From now on, I'm going to try and leave Mani Monday behind and focus on a nail polish when its new or something I really feel like writing about. As I mentioned in my Reykjavik post, I'm losing inspiration for a few reasons. Firstly, blogging is a huge time commitment during the summer months when I have to also earn enough money to pay for tuition, rent etc etc. Secondly, it hard to have any extras to write new posts about, and to review a product I like to make sure it's tried and tested. Thirdly, I feel as though my blog needs to improve in general- better writing, more personality and some more professional aspects, especially if this is something I want to pursue. (which I do!)

Today I'm reviewing a lipgloss from NARS named "Supervixen".
It's described as a sheer mauve with glitter, which is pretty much exactly how I'd describe it. The packaging is typical NARS with the soft matte lid and doefoot applicator, basically identical to their creamy concealers. 
I took pictures of swatches in three lights. On the top we have inside lighting, middle we have natural lighting, and below is under a light so you can really see the glitter. 
My lips are naturally quite a dark colour, so this gloss essentially just adds a golden shimmer to them. The formula is nice, not sticky and lasts for a fair amount of time. 
In the close up you can see the glitter pigments and the almost wet finish it leaves the lips.
This gloss is very similar in formula another NARS shade, Orgasm. It's less peachy and more mauve, but if you have one, I wouldn't see the need to purchase the other.

I hope you enjoyed reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment