Wednesday 15 April 2015

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review

Hey everyone,

I finally purchased the foundation I have wanted to try for years. Seriously, years. I know it seems silly, but my face is a total crazy mess of dry skin, redness, acne and bumps. When I found out about NARS Sheer Glow (maybe 3 or 4 years ago), I thought it was too high-end of a purchase, and I couldn't guarantee it was going to cover the multitude of issues on my face. After recently purchasing NARS new long-wear foundation (and being rather underwhelmed), I found myself being really annoyed I hadn't just purchased this one in the first place.
The packaging is pretty standard, glass bottle may not be ideal for travelling (but it's coming with me anyway!) Annoyingly, it doesn't have a pump. You can buy one for $6 at NARS website, but to ship it to Canada makes it super expensive and frankly I don't know if I can be bothered.
I bought the colour Mont Blanc, the same shade as my new NARS foundation. The match is perfect! (Something I'm not all that used to in foundations!)
It applies beautifully, it's buildable, and with the help of concealer it hides my blemishes like a dreaaaaam. The finish is wonderful, glowy and natural without a powder, but can be mattified easily.
Unfortunately, I don't have great lighting in my apartment, so the skin pictures were a disaster and didn't do the foundation justice at all. I promise to feature it in a look sometime soon, or when I have better lighting!

Overall, I would highly rate this foundation. It's perfect for a drier skin type, and it doesn't cling to dry patches. It wears really well throughout the day, and doesn't look cakey. I think I've found my new favourite foundation, and I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner!

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment