Sunday 15 February 2015

Mani Monday #7

Hey everyone!

Todays Mani Monday is a little bit different! I got some fake nails before my birthday as a present from my lovely friend, Jenn. I hadn't planned on it, but it happened. I've never had any type of professional fake nails before so this was an entirely new experience, and I figured I could keep you updated on the progress each week. So far- so good! I haven't experienced anything bad so far, so I'll just share some pictures with you and try to describe the process!


Basically it was a really nice experience. I forget the exact name of the extensions but they told me it was less damaging than Acrylics. It took about 40 minutes (the lady was very speedy!). They were originally much longer but I asked her to trim them down to a more wearable length.


She used a Shelac gel polish on top of the extensions in this really pretty deep purple shade. It has a red shimmer running through it but it's very subtle. The only downside to this is that I get bored of colours very quickly, but for next weeks Mani Monday I may buy some Acetone and see how the extensions fair with my usual Essie polish.


The length is pretty good and I find I can do all my usual tasks with no trouble. The only downside so far is that I want to tap everything and it's really annoying my boyfriend. Other than that- so far so good! I never thought I'd be such a fan of fake nails but at this rate I'll be getting them again in 5-6 weeks. I do think they're great if you like travelling and don't want to pack for nail care amongst other things. They look great, and surprisingly natural!

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Mani Monday!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment