Saturday 3 January 2015

Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' Foundation First Impressions

Hey everyone,

Today I'm doing a first impressions review of a very popular foundation by Estee Lauder: Double Wear. It's a very popular foundation and is famous for it's long wear and heavy coverage. I hope you enjoy this post!

 I have the 30ml bottle which retails for $44.00 CDN
 I have it in the shade 1C1 Shell (which has now been renamed Cool Bone I believe)
 It is described as: "This remarkable lasting, yet lightweight makeup wears comfortably up to 15 hours, even in high humidity. It won't smudge or come off on clothes. Oil-free, Fragrance-free."
 It comes in a heavy glass bottle, not great for travelling.
"EstÄ“e Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it"
It also has no pump! A huge downside if you travel a lot or find you spill a lot of makeup!
Before
After: As you can see it is a very high coverage foundation that's slightly too pale for me (I've been self-tanning)
 It covers my problem areas with ease!
 After about 10 hours of wear things were still looking alright.
 It kept the colour of my highlight and blush, but had worn off in places I rub or touch (cheeks and forehead)
 The one issue I really had was the separation of the product on my forehead. In between my brows I have quite bumpy skin and I think it is about the only area on my face which gets oily. I was annoyed that the separation of the foundation was so obvious, but could easily be taken care of if I had touched up.
Here's the flash photography picture. As you can see, it definitely leaves a white cast on the skin. It isn't as bad as other foundations I have used, and it's also quite a bit paler than my skin, but it's good to know that it doesn't photograph as well when using a flash.

I hope you enjoyed this first impressions review! Overall, I think this foundation has a great coverage and shade range. If I could change anything I would add a pump, but everything else is pretty great. I think it's definitely worth a try for any girls with blemishes or problem areas on their skin, the coverage is fantastic!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment