Monday 15 September 2014

Milani "Luminoso" Baked Blush Review

Hey everyone,

Today's review is on Milani's Baked Blush in the shade Luminoso. This is a very popular product, available in the U.S and Canada, but sought after by Beauty Bloggers everywhere! I'd heard so many excellent things that I had to buy it when I saw it, so here's what I think!
 The packaging makes the product look a little cheap, it certainly isn't my favourite. Underneath the blush is a section for a useless brush and a mirror which is somewhat useful. I'd prefer for the blush to just be at the base of the container, it means the blush could easily pop out or be more prone to breaking. I do think it's a bit flimsy, which is a downside, but the product itself is much higher quality. 
 On the base is the shade number and name which I find so helpful! It drives me crazy when products don't do this, so I'm really happy they did.
 Because it's a baked blush, the product is raised out of the pan. The Luminoso shade could quite easily be a highlight, but it has some orange/coral undertones which look quite warm on my skintone. I think it's beautiful in the summer months and would make a stunning highlight on skintones darker than mine. I'm certainly looking to try some more shades, if I remember correctly there's an interesting plum shade I might pick up in the near future!
As for pigmentation, I don't think it's marketed to be heavily pigmented and it really isn't. You do pick up a nice amount of product and I do think it's more flattering as a barely-there wash of colour rather than a full-on glittery, orange streak. It does have shimmer, but it's very fine and not separate from the colour itself, so don't expect chunks of glitter, it's much finer and nicer.

Overall, I don't think this shade is hugely flattering on me but I'm willing to try some different shades. I can see why people like it, it's high-quality makeup in cheap packaging, but it certainly does the job and looks very pretty on the skin. For a drugstore price I would definitely recommend it, but if you have fairer skin than me I would perhaps pass on "Luminoso". 

I hope you enjoyed this review!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment