Saturday 20 September 2014

Hourglass "Mineral Veil" Primer Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing another mini I received in my Sephora 500 Point Perk. The Hourglass Mineral Veil primer is one I've heard about for a very long time, and something I've been sceptical to try because primers don't tend to do that much for me. This is the first primer I've used in a while that really improves the application and longevity of my foundation, and I'm not entirely sure how it does it.
The packaging is surprisingly nice for a 0.16 fl oz size. It's a glass container with a stick applicator which I'm sure will help scrape every last drop from the jar. Considering this is a small size I'm really impressed with how little you need and how well it works. It's also a generous size for a perk- especially since the 0.33 fl oz size sells for $21.00 and the full ounce sells for $60.00. 
Sephora's website describes it as:
A mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application. This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.
 I really like how Hourglass don't test on animals, I think it's a huge perk to any brand, and for that alone I am willing to spend more money. 
As you can see, the stick applicator isn't anything spectacular, but it does the job and keeps things somewhat hygienic. 

Overall, I think this product really improves how you apply your foundation and how well it lasts. It has a bonus of SPF15 and although expensive, Hourglass don't test on animals. If you have the money to spend, or if you really think a primer will enhance the look of your makeup I would certainly recommend this product. For the amount it costs, a little does go a long way, and I think it not only improves the look of foundation, but also your face as a blank canvas by smoothing lines, colour correcting and creating a soft, glowy effect on bare skin. 

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment