Friday 4 July 2014

White Nail Polish: Hit or Miss?

Hey guys!

For the last year or so, lots of people have been sporting white nail polish. Lots of girls with deeper skintones (think Kim K, Beyonce, Rihanna etc.) have been wearing the look, and I finally went out to buy a white nail polish to see if it would look just as good on paler girls. Now of course, there are no rules and anybody can wear whatever nail polish they want, but I hadn't seen many fair skinned gals try it out, so I thought I would!
 Firstly for this sassy picture: I really love the contrast of black and white. Monochrome will always be fashionable (at least in my opinion) and I think adding white polish to an all black outfit can look really put together and polished.
 Now I am actually a little more tanned than usual (thank you Olay self-tanner!) but I think it actually looks really nice. In fact, I'm surprised at how much I do like it. I think it probably stems back to the days of middle school when I would paint my nails with White-Out (or Tippex for the UK readers). Mum would always get so mad, so perhaps using white nail polish makes me feel all rebellious again! 
I used Essie's "Blanc" a white shade that is neither matte nor shiny. Just a perfect in-between shade. I like the formula, although it does take two coats. I'm on day 4 of white nails now and I'm only noticing some chips at the tips of my nails- however, it could be a new base coat I'm using. (Post coming soon!)

Overall, white nail polish is a massive summer hit for me. It looks great with slightly tanned skin, when wearing black and it brings out my middle school rebellion. So it's basically perfect for me. 
Let me know what you think!

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment