Wednesday 2 July 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips Neon Limited Edition Review

Hey everyone,

Recently I reviewed Maybelline's Dr Rescue Baby Lips line, and since they were mostly a hit, I thought I'd try the neon collection that they had. I own 4 shades, but there are 6 in the line.


Maybelline describes the collection as:

- Clinical Care With a Neon Kick
- Clinical Care + 8HR Moisture
- In 6 New Shades
  I found mine in the double pack, but they are also sold individually.
 And another double pack.
 I think the packaging is cute, I like how the whole line is the same but they each have different styled packaging. The black tube with the neon lettering is cute and I think it caters to an audience- mainly teenage girls.
 Strike a Rose is a neon pink that isn't overpowering, but definitely packs a punch. The pigmentation is still sheer, but the neon is still visible. I think it makes wearing a bright colour much easier.
 Fierce N Tangy is a bright yellow that really just comes out clear. I don't even notice much of a yellow tinge. It's alright because I'm not a fan of neon yellow lips... but if they're advertising it I think it should have some colour.
 Pink Shock is quite similar to Strike A Rose, only a little more purple toned and less coral. It's a really pretty shade, and each of these balms have a glossy finish which makes the colours even more stunning.
 Oh! Orange! is definitely my favourite shade. This is surprising because I am dreading the orange lip trend, but this is a really affordable and less offensive alternative that gives you a little bit of orange colour in a much more sheer and subtle way.
 Indoors lighting. L-R: Strike A Rose, Fierce N Tangy, Pink Shock and Oh! Orange
 Natural lighting: Same order as above
And with a flash.

I hope you all enjoyed this review! I really like this collection and would look out for the shades I'm missing!
Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment