Monday 2 June 2014

My Favourite Summer Foundation

Hey everyone,

Summer may finally be here, and I say "may" because Ontario's summer has taken forever to arrive and we had such a horrible winter that I think this recent good weather just has to be too good to be true. However, we've had some days with quite a lot of sun, and I've actually got a bit of a tan. When this happens I have to change my foundation. I have so many because I review items on this blog, so it's unlike me to repurchase a foundation in a paler or more tanned shade. This foundation was one I loved last summer and after breaking it out again I can safely say it's the ultimate summer base!

Anyway, it's Rimmel London's "Wake Me Up" foundation. It's glowy, light, easy to apply and has medium coverage. It has a unique smell, which I know lots of people like. It's quite fresh and summery, and I don't think it's very offensive. I love the consistency of the foundation, it's creamy but light and I've found it applies really well with a brush, beauty blender or with your fingers.
 The packaging of the product is awesome because it's bright and has a pump. It's in quite a heavy bottle so it's not ideal for travelling, but I have before with no issues.
I have the shade 100 Ivory, which is the lightest from the line. I find this slightly annoying because I use it when I have a tan, I wish they had lighter shades, then I'd probably use it year round!
 The foundation really blurs imperfections and does a fairly good job covering blemishes and redness. This is taken with inside lighting.
 It also looks excellent in natural lighting. The formula is brightening and glowy, without looking shiny.
This is a couple of hours later, it's worn off slightly on my cheeks (I have a lot of redness) but I think it still looks pretty good.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" foundation can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart, Wal Mart, Target and other drugstores. 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment