Thursday 29 May 2014

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask Review

Hey everyone,

Recently I was in Shoppers Drug Mart and noticed Indeed Labs had released some Hydraluron sheet masks. I loved the concept, but for 4 masks it was $20.00. Seemed a bit ridiculous, so I'll wait for them to go on sale before reviewing them. Since I was so disappointed by the price I thought I'd look for some other sheet masks and compare prices and whatnot. I came upon the Garnier "Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask" which has 6 in a pack and were on sale for $14.00. Although still quite steep for some one-time use face masks, I decided to pick them up.

 There are 6 masks in the box, each mask sachet has instructions as well as the box, which I think is nice. The mask claims to deeply hydrate for 24 hours, something I did experience. It also claims to boost radiance and smooth skin, something I think I've experienced more lately due to some sunshine and less acne, but could also be associated with this mask too. 
 I don't think they're lying when they say this, the masks literally come out sopping wet. It's a bit of a stressful application but relatively easy. I left the mask on for way more than 10 minutes, it was so wet I just left it on for about half an hour, and then removed it and gently patted in the excess serum still on my face.
 Of course the instructions make the application seem a little more flawless and graceful, but I am impressed with the masks themselves. I find they don't fit the face perfectly, but covered mostly all of it and I'm actually really happy with the experience and results.
 The sachet shows instructions, expected results and a very peaceful lady enjoying her sheet mask. I would say it's quite cooling and relaxing, however it's definitely something to do when you have "me time", as you could potentially scare others away- making the entire experience a little less spa like. 
 I looked a little less unimpressed than the lady on the box, but keep in mind it was pretty impossible to smile. Clearly my 'smeyesing' skills are not quite up to scratch.  
 A close up of the weird nose area. I didn't like the gappy feeling around my nose because the mask is quite cooling and any breeze that entered my nasal area was especially cold. What a weird sentence to type... but really it was the only thing that bugged me about the whole thing.
 But I was impressed with the length of the mask, it allowed me to stick it under my chin and give my whole face some pampering!
Although I did feel like this...

I hope you guys enjoyed this review, I think the masks are perfect for a pamper session, the box of 6 means you can easily share with friends and family, or keep them to yourself for 2 or 3 weeks of treats!

Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment