Thursday 13 March 2014

Estee Lauder Cleanser Review

After being at home for a little bit, my Mum told me I could try out some cleansers she had stashed away to write a blog post about. I jumped at the chance, obviously washing my face is rather thrilling. Here is my review on the three cleansers.
 Here are the three cleansers I tried out. The packaging is quite nice, I like that the colour matches the line that each product comes from. The tubes make it easy to get the product out, although I think a pump dispenser would be nicer.
 The first cleanser is the "Take It Away" cleanser. I tried this one on multiple occasions, and have come to the conclusion it is just made to remove makeup. It does a pretty good job, but I find that it absorbs really quickly and takes quite a lot of product to get the job done. I also found it stung my eyes a little bit, but if you're gentle I don't think you would have this issue. I didn't think it cleansed my skin, but it certainly removed all of my makeup. I think if you followed up with a cleanser this would be a nice addition to your skincare routine. I wouldn't repurchase this because I think it's a bit of an expensive 'add-on' product that isn't entirely necessary. Cleansers should do a good job of removing makeup anyway, I don't think you need something else to use beforehand.
 The second is the "Perfectly Clean" cleanser. It has a soapy smell and leaves a soapy residue on your face. It seems to be a little drying, but if you moisturize afterwards it isn't an issue. It's quite a thick creamy formula and lathers really nicely. It's quite a heavy cleanser, and I do think it leaves the skin feeling quite fresh and clean. I would recommend it as a morning cleanser, although I wouldn't advise anyone with dehydrated or dry skin to use this too often. I think it would work really well for anyone with oily or combination skin. I personally wouldn't purchase this product, but I think skincare is very personal and skin types can really vary, so I recommend doing some research before purchasing.
The third is the "Soft Clean" cleanser. It's a cream cleanser, so you don't have to wet your face before applying. It's very creamy (as you would expect) and doesn't lather. It's very, very gentle, almost fragrance free (but I think there is a faint scent) and works really well at cleansing while still being incredibly gentle. It doesn't irritate whatsoever, leaves no residue, and my skin doesn't feel tight after using it. I think this would make an excellent morning cleanser if you like using cleansing balms in the evening as I do. It would also be great if you don't have a separate day and night cream, because it's so moisturizing you'd be less likely to need extra hydration- although a little extra is never a bad thing!

I hope you enjoyed this Estee Lauder cleanser review, I thought it would make an interesting post to show the similarities and differences between different products from the same brand. Estee Lauders quality is always there, and you can tell while using these products, and it's nice that they have options for various skin types. My favourite was definitely the Soft Clean cleanser, something I would look into purchasing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment