Tuesday 4 March 2014

Essence Lipliner Review

I don't really own many lipliners purely for the reason it's something I barely wear. I don't want to spend a lot of money on them (Although the Urban Decay Naked liners look enticing) so if I feel like I may need to extend my lip colour I run the drugstore and pick up an Essence one. Essence is a bargain range exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada, but can also be found in Europe and in the States. I think the lip liners are actually really good. They are a steal at $1.40!
I have 2 shades, although 3 are pictured. This is because in a hurry I chose a pink lipliner only to realize it's actually a kajal eyeliner (but I've been using it on my lips anyway- versatile!)
Although a fuchsia eyeliner may not be your thing, it's definitely not mine, it works rather nicely as a lipliner and seems to be a similar formula to the lipliners themselves.
 Here is the packaging. They are the colours of the lipliners themselves, which is handy when picking one out, and are wooden pencils which need to be sharpened.
Swatches from left to right: 11 In the Nude, 24 Pretty in Fuchsia and 08 Red Blush

I think for less than $2.00 these lipliners (or eyeliners..eek) are really quite good! They can be a bit drying, so perhaps apply a lip balm over top, but they are very pigmented and long lasting. If you don't wear lipliner often, or don't want to pay a small fortune, try Essence out and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment