Thursday 6 March 2014

Empties

I love watching videos and reading reviews of empty products. It shows that you really loved something if you use it up, and it means you've used enough to write a decent review of each product. Some of these products are travel-sized, so there's not a whole lot I can say about it, and others I've had kept in a bag for months to save for a post like this and may have forgotten some details about. Anyway, I've saved this stash of products up for about 2 months, so I'll be happy to finally throw them out. I hope you like this post!
 First up is Cliniques Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is a moisturizer I've repurchased several times and really love for the daytime. It's light, oil-free, and works wonderfully under makeup. However, the packaging seriously sucks. I've been scooping the remains of this product out with my fingers, and I've given up now. I do this with every bottle I buy, there's enough left for maybe a full week, but you can't get it without leaving the bottle upside down, removing the pump and trying to scrape your finger around to collect up enough product. It drives me crazy! I intend to write a full post focusing on the matter, but the mens version of this product comes in a tube, so it might be worthwhile to just buy that.
 Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is a holy grail product for me. I love it, use it daily and intend to use it for a very long time! I've already repurchased and would do so again. It lasts a decent amount of time, you don't need a lot of product for each use and the jar works well for traveling, although it can be a bit bulky.
 Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara was my first high-end mascara purchase. The brush is quite typical (similar to L'oreal's Voluminous mascara) but the formula makes it that bit more special. It has ceramide to help lengthen lashes, while keeping them hydrated and stronger. I noticed quite a difference with my lashes when I used this product, my eyelashes were softer and I lost less of them, however I wouldn't repurchase because the effect of the mascara wasn't phenomenal for the price.
 Benefit's They're Real mascara is one I'm sad to see go. It's a wonderful product for most of it's lifespan, but towards the end as the formula get's drier and there's less of it, the plastic wand can get a bit pokey. You've got to be quite careful when applying. It does work wonders and lasts all day, but as a blogger I feel as though I should try out more mascaras, and won't be running out to repurchase it. It's a bit pricey, but if you don't mind spending more for amazing lashes, I'd highly recommend this product.
 The Boscia Luminizing Black Mask is one I received from a Sephora Beauty Insider 500 point perk. I wrote a full review on it here, so check that out for a more in-depth review. I feel as if you could get high quality face masks from cheaper brands, so I won't repurchase, but I did enjoy using the product.
 Soap & Glory's Flake Away Body Polish was an excellent body scrub. It leaves a bit of residue on the skin, but is very moisturizing and does a good job of exfoliating the skin. I would recommend using this after shaving, because of the residue, and to get the most out of this product I would turn off the water, use this all over your body, and then turn it back on to wash away. If you use it while the waters running, you don't have much of a chance to work it into the skin, plus it's in a tub so it's a bit difficult to get the lid on and off. It's a great, pampering product and I would certainly repurchase.
 Quo's Nail Polish Remover is just an average product. I've gone through lots of these as I can buy them in my hometown. It isn't any better or worse than any other nail polish remover, but does the job and lasts a long time for around $4.00.
 The Bosica Bright White Mask is very similar to the Bosica Luminizing Black Mask, because it's a peel-off face mask. You apply it, leave it for 20 minutes and then peel it off. Again, I liked it, but I didn't notice extraordinary results and think I could find a better mask for a cheaper price.
 Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Serum is a really lovely face product. It works wonders, hydrating skin, increasing luminosity and helping the surface of your skin to look and feel less bumpy. It improved the quality of my skin hugely, and worked really well whilst using the harsh, stripping Clindet's Acne Therapy. I think for a similar product that works well, try Indeed Labs 'Hydraluron', which you can get for about $10.00 cheaper than this one.
 Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer made an excellent light-weight night cream. I used this up in about 6 months and found it helped make my skin look more plump and hydrated. I like it much more than the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, and would repurchase, although it can be quite pricey.
 The La Roche-Posay Nutritic Lip Balm was an expensive product I found in a sale bin for 75 cents. It was my lucky day. This lip balm retails for about $10.00, and I understand why. It is incredible. It's a clear lipstick style lip balm which keeps your lips incredibly hydrated. I don't know if I'd repurchase, but I really did love it and would highly recommend it.
 I know this isn't much of a cosmetic product, but Soap & Glory's Wash Your Hands Of It hand soap smelled incredible and never once dried out my hands. If you love the classic S&G fragrance as much as I do, I would really recommend this hand wash. It's nothing incredible, but something I loved and used up.
 Lancome's Advanced Genefique Serum is designed for anti-aging, but I got a sample and used it anyway. I really liked the consistency, and felt it held up well under makeup, while creating a smooth surface for my base. I think it worked very similarly to the Vichy serum, but is hugely expensive, much more than I'd be willing to pay as a student with no immediate anti-aging concerns.
 Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel shower gel is a Christmas limited-edition product, I love the consistency of their shower gels in general, and thought I'd like it even more with the delicious Vanilla Bean scent. I wasn't disappointed. This product lathers wonderfully, leaves you squeaky clean and smells incredible. The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger, but if you really love it just buy the matching fragrance mist! This scent kept me feeling festive even in the shower, and if you're going to belt out "All I Want For Christmas Is You", you may as well be lathering up in vanilla bean goodness.
 Vichy's Purete Thermale Foaming Face Wash is a really nice, gentle face cleanser. It is lightly fragranced, and smells like a spa in my opinion. I really loved how my skin didn't feel tight after washing with it. I would repurchase this product, but wouldn't run out immediately to do so.
 Boscia's Tsubaki Beauty Oil is a really wonderful facial oil. I use this alone, or layered underneath moisturizer to really replenish my skin. It works wonders in the colder months and didn't clog my pores. I had no issues with breaking out while using this, and would repurchase, but I think I'll try a new facial oil next time I'm in need of one.
Finally, we have Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream. I really enjoyed the deluxe sample of this product and found it really did hydrate my under eye area. It wasn't too thick, but could be used sparingly in the mornings under makeup, and thicker in the evening for a better result. I like the consistency, the lack of scent and how it worked. I won't run out to repurchase this, because I really love my current eye cream, but it was lovely to use.

I hope you enjoyed these mini-reviews and seeing the products I've used up!

No comments:

Post a Comment