Sunday 2 February 2014

Guide to Fuchsia Lips

Fuchsia lips are one of those things that you either like or you don't. Sometimes I think the vibrant pink looks really nice and adds a nice pop of colour, other times I'm reminded of old ladies who go on cruises and wear blue eyeshadow. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my fuchsia lip products so you can see what you think!

 First up is Maybelline's "Vision in Violet". It isn't a fuchsia, it's a purple. However I don't have enough purple products to do a "Guide to Purple Lips", as much as I may like to. Now I have a whole post about this lip product, so feel free to read up on that before you think purple lips are a huge no-no.
 Next is Maybelline's 160 Fifth Ave. Fuchsia. It's a very creamy, pigmented colour but because of this it has a tendency to end up all over your face. If you set it all and blot it, it can last for a decent amount of time and stains the lips a bit so it gives that extra bit of colour even after the majority of the lipstick has worn off.
 NYX's Mega Shine lipgloss in the shade Dolly Pink is truly awesome. It's super pigmented for a gloss and I generally don't layer this over a lipstick. It's so pigmented it can be worn alone, and it makes wearing a fuchsia shade a little more modern because it's in gloss form.
 Rimmel London's Vinyl Gloss in the shade Pin Up is a more subtle shade of fuchsia. It still has the pink colour, but it is more sheer. It is a lovely shade for summertime and can really dress up a plain outfit. I think it makes a statement while being wearable enough for everyday.
Swatches from left to right: Maybellines Vision in Violet, Maybellines Fifth Ave. Fuchsia, NYX's Dolly Pink and Rimmel's Pin Up.

What do you guys think of fuchsia lips? Do you find them to be outdated or wearable year round? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment