Thursday 5 December 2013

My Current Highlighters

Highlighting is a way you can really add some healthy glow to your face all year round. I always used to think highlighting was something you do on a special occasion, or something that looks much more natural in the summertime. I have three highlighters to show you, and I think that they are different enough to be used all year round and for everyday use.
 This is my most recent purchase, Dior's Amber Diamond. It is stunning. It definitely has more of an amber, bronzey tone to it, which looks beautiful with a more tanned skin tone. I also love how the colours are separate, meaning you can use this palette for eyeshadow, but also use the colours according to how you want to highlight to look. I just swirl my brushes in the lighter colours at this time of year, or just mix the whole thing for a lovely, healthy glow. It's a powder product that isn't too glittery, it's very fine and just leaves some shimmer on your face.
 Benefit's "Watt's Up" is a cream highlighter in a pinky-champagne colour. This highlight is really nice for an all year round application and works with a variety of skin tones. Because it's a cream product, it really gives a dewy glow, and although highlighting products are hardly "natural looking", this can be made to look quite subtle and pretty, but is also buildable for a red carpet-esque celebrity glow.
 This is a highlighter by Bourjois. It's a powder, has slightly more chunky glitter than the Dior product and is an excellent highlighter for versatile uses. I have used this as an eyeshadow, highlighter and also applied over blush for a more glowy look. The pigmentation isn't great, but you can build it for your desired effect.
Swatches from left to right: Bourjous, Benefit, Dior

I hope you enjoyed this small highlighter review! I don't have too many but I'm willing to hear your product recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment