Saturday 21 December 2013

Festive Winged Eyeliner and Red Lip Tutorial

Hello everyone! I thought I'd do a tutorial today that was somewhat festive. Of course a red lip and winged eyeliner isn't just a Christmassey look, but I think it looks especially nice at this time of year.
 Here are the products I used, I'll explain them all as I use them.
 To begin I used Revlon's "Nearly Naked" foundation in the shade 110 Ivory. I applied this all over my face and used a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend it into my skin.
 Secondly I used Anastasia's "Brow Wiz" in the shade "Ash Blonde".
 Here is a picture of my face with my foundation base and eyebrows filled in.
 I used Stila's "Stay All Day" eyeliner and applied it close to my lashline and mapped out where I'd like the wing to go.
 Next I filled in the line to make it a bit thicker.
 To deepen the colour I used Rimmel's "Scandaleyes" eyeliner in the black shade. I applied this to my upper waterline to make sure there was no skincolour showing through.
 To balance out the red lip I applied lots of mascara. I used Rimmel's "Scandaleyes Retro Glam" mascara in black and applied a couple of coats to my lashes. False lashes would also look really great with this type of makeup.
 This is the Stila eyeliner. It's a felt tip liquid liner which has a long lasting waterproof formula.
 The soft kohl pencil from Rimmel makes applying liner to your waterline not as uncomfortable as it would be with a harder pencil. It's also waterproof so it will stay there all day.
 This is the mascara, the big wand really adds volume to your lashes, as well as a decent amount of length. The formula isn't waterproof and I think in warmer weather it would smudge a bit, however in the colder months it shouldn't be a problem.
 For face powder I used Hourglass' "Ambient Lighting Powder" in the shade "Dim Light". It sets foundation without making your face look really matte.
 Lorac's "Tantilizer" bronzer and highlighter duo is a great product for travel. The bronzer is matte, so it's perfect for contouring and the highlighter is a champagne pink shade which is quite subtle.
 To add some colour I used Nars "Orgasm" blush. It's a peachy-pink shade with some subtle gold shimmer which adds the perfect amount of colour when you're wearing such a bright lip.
 Here's a shot of my face with the eyes and face done. It adds some more colour into my skin so I don't look dead, without being overpowering.
 For the red lip I used Rimmel's "Apocalips" in the shade "Big Bang".
 Here is the face and lip combo.
 The lips just by themselves.
And the full face completed!

I hope you all enjoyed this little tutorial, it's quite simple but I know how much some people dread wearing brighter colours. Now I just have to get myself out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment