Thursday 5 December 2013

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

I would hardly consider myself a "Beauty Blogger". These questions were taken from another blog, written by FiveTwoCertified, you can visit the post here.  I've been consistently blogging for less than a month, but it something I like doing and I have certainly liked makeup enough to have quite the collection. This is a "tag" post, various questions bloggers answer for you all to read. Now I haven't been tagged, but I know I like reading tag posts so I hope you do too!
Here are the questions:


1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do?
 I rarely paint my toenails. I mean, I paint them often enough but in comparison to my finger nails it is very rarely. I've always thought this is kind of weird, but toenails just don't chip like fingernails do? Now I'm making myself feel gross.

I don't like toes. Just the fact I'm posting pictures of my toes makes me feel weird. Also, I just painted these so it sort of contradicts my answer, but there you go.
 
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
 Not often enough. I clean my face brushes more often than my other brushes, and I do spot clean them, but for a full on deep clean... I should definitely do it more regularly. 
Very dirty Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I love the brush, I should take better care of it.
 
3. How long will you last with chipped nail varnish?
 Chipped nails drive me a bit crazy, especially now I am posting Manicure Monday's on here. I photograph my hands with products too, and noticing chips in my polish makes everything else look so shabby. I try and paint my nails every time more than one nail is chipped.
Tomorrow will be a new nail polish day.
 
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it?
 It depends. As a university student I'm certainly not rich, and I have a lot of beauty products. If it's something I don't have a backup of and it's necessary (concealer, nail polish top coats etc) I will go out and buy it as soon as possible. If it's an eyeshadow I love... well I have a ton of eyeshadows and it should probably wait. 
It looks like I have half left, but I really only have a quarter because the silly brush doesn't reach all the way to the bottom.
 
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
 I know this isn't really "beauty" related, but I don't drink enough water and I know this has a huge impact on how my skin looks. I'm also not very good at using eye cream, it's something I know I don't need right now but I will be grateful for later in life. 
I haven't used this yet, but I just got a sample from a Sephora order so I'll be trying it out and potentially reviewing it soon!
 
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time?
 Er. Basically any type of homework. I'm a procrastinator. I get it all done in the end, but if I allow myself to justify silly things when I have something to do. Like a full season of Parks and Rec. 
This helps me justify procrastination.
 
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not? 
Never ever. In fact, I find the earliest time possible to begin getting ready and regret it later because my makeup looks like it's been on all day. Honestly if I have somewhere to go at 7, my full hair and makeup will probably be done at 3pm. I need to back off a bit. 
This was taken at 3:00. I went out at 7. I do not make up these numbers. Also the curls were practically gone.
 
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
 Ummm. Yes and no? I'm always on a bit of a budget because I'm a student and try and save as much as possible. However sometimes I spend when something is a great deal and feel guilty because maybe the money should have gone on something else. Like books or groceries. 

9. How organized is your makeup and nail polish collections?
 I haven't found the perfect setup yet but I must admit my makeup is the most organized thing in my life. My closet, fridge, emails, bedroom will never be as tidy as my makeup area. Also I have two makeup areas, one at my rental while I'm at university and my house, which continually adds to the disorganized mess. 
 
This is what I'm living like now. So much makeup I have to blog about when I'm home... but I know I'll have to pack it all up in a few days so I'm just living out of several cosmetics bags.

10. What is the longest time you've gone without writing a blog post?
Months. As I explained in the introduction to this post I have just started blogging regularly. I know I won't always be able to blog everyday but I'm making an attempt to make this blog more successful. I have had this blog for a little while but it certainly takes work and I wasn't as committed before. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I knew my 30 Day Makeup Challenge was a bit boring without pictures so I've added lots to this one. Have a good week! 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment