Tuesday 12 November 2013

My Morning Skincare Routine

Hello!
So I've been updating my skincare routine a lot lately, as the weather gets colder (a lot colder in Canada), my skin wants to peel off and shrivel up until there is nothing left. Because of this I need to drink about 100 glasses of water a day, and also use moisturizing products like there's no tomorrow.
Here is what I've been using:
 The above products are the things I use daily, every morning and I have noticed make my skin smooth, soft and glowy.
 To begin, I use Clinique's "Take the Day Off Cleaning Balm". This is by far the best cleanser I have ever used, ever. It's a balm texture, hence the name, and is essentially a fragrance-free lard-like substance that you smear everywhere until it's melty goodness has oiled up your face, and then you gently take it off with a washcloth. The description certainly doesn't do it justice. I use this both in the morning and evening and the results are incredible. The balm takes off makeup too, but I'd hope that you don't have makeup on your face when you wake up. Anyway, this cleaning balm is fantastic, gets every last bit of dirt off of my face and when I take it off with my washcloth I get a built in gentle exfoliation. It doesn't leave an oily residue, there is never the feeling of dryness which I get after any other cleanser and my face doesn't feel at all tight.
 I sometimes follow with my Bioderma, a cleansing water which takes off any remaining dirt. Again, this product can be used on any skintype and is incredibly gentle even with the most sensitive of skins. To use I just put a small amount onto a cotton pad and swipe it all over my face.
 Next, I use Vichy's Aqualia Thermal hydrating serum. I just use one pump and put it all over my face to add a bit of extra moisture. This stuff is great, and it's almost time I bought a new one.
 After my serum I use another serum, this one being Hydraluron. Hydraluron has the largest amount of Hyaluroinc acid allowed in a drugstore product. Essentially, this product absorbs extra moisture, so when you apply if under your regular moisturizer you get much more from your product and extra moisture for your skin. I've used this for a few months now and I love it. A little goes a long way, and it means I can use less moisturizer too.
 This moisturizer is a favourite of mine. The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is a great moisturizer that doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or oily and is an excellent base for makeup. It definitely isn't a night cream, and I would only use it in the morning. I've gone through about 3 of these, as well as several mini's while traveling and I think I will always have one of these around. Clinique's fragrance-free products are great for sensitive skin, but please don't ever use their toners... full of alcohol and leave your skin feeling like a prune.
 As a final step, if I need extra moisture and if I'm having a no-makeup day, I use Tartes Pure Maracuja Oil. I use a couple of drops from my fingertips and pat it all over my face. I don't rub this in, I just pat so I get a bit everywhere and I'm not moving all of my previous products around too much. It's excellent, and I'll be purchasing a full size soon.
Finally I use Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream. This is my first real eye cream, I've used a gel in the past but my little eyes have never received such moisture before! I have a mini size from a Sephora 500 point perk, but a little goes a long way. I put a tiny amount on my ring finger and gently tap the product under my eye and around the eye socket up towards my brow. I keep tapping until there is no product left and I really, really like it. The full size is very expensive, but I know this will last a long time before I have to purchase another.

No comments:

Post a Comment