Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Beauty Resolutions

So it's a new year, and I want to make an effort to have successful resolutions.

Last year I opted out of carbonated drinks, especially diet pop. As a diabetic, diet pop is often the only option at restaurants, juice is too sugary and I don't always feel like a hot drink, like tea. I haven't had an entire can/bottle of pop in the year of 2013 and I'm pretty proud of that. Aspartame isn't good for me, so I chose to stop drinking it. If you're in a restaurant and you can't decide on what to drink, just choose water. It's good for you, it improves your skin, keeps you better hydrated than pop and it's free! Anyway, my point is that I want this trend to continue. So that's number one.

1) Don't drink pop. Not diet, not regular. Not good for me!

2) Stop snacking on chips. Seriously, chips or crisps or whatever you want to call them. They're my weakness and I love that salt and vinegar goodness... but it's a new year and I need to stop eating them. For the sake of my acne prone skin, weight and general health. Stop it Megan.

3) Blog at least 4 times every week. Now this is a goal I really want to commit too. This blog has been mildly successful from November until now, and at almost 5,000 views! Imagine how good it will be if I post on a more regular basis? I know on exam weeks, vacation time etc I may not reach this goal, but I will certainly make my best effort to do it.

4) Drink more water. I know with the whole "no pop" thing it would seem I drink a lot of water. Not true. Honestly sometimes I just don't drink anything, how ridiculous? This year will be different (I hope) and I'm aiming to drink at least 4 glasses per day. Half what I should drink, but a good start nevertheless.

5) Take care of my toes. Again, as a diabetic it is so important for me to take good care of my feet. I suck at this! I maybe sit down and exfoliate my feet maybe twice in a year. But this year I intend to take the time and pamper my feet once per month. That means wash, exfoliate, trim nails, moisturize and sneak in a few more polish changes. Pedicures are nice, I hope this won't be too much of a challenge!

So there are my 5 Beauty Resolutions. Let me know some of your own and recommend me some not-chip snack ideas! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment